- This event has passed.
Summer Seminar Series with Johnny Carcioppolo with JJC Professional Business Coaching!
August 16 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Wednesday, August 16th – Unlock problem solving abilities on your team
A major challenge faced by many organizational leaders is their own tendency to be hands-on problem solvers. this skill may have contributed to their promotion to management, but it can easily become a limitation. Effective leaders know that their primary role is not to solve problems but to unleash the problem-solving capacity of those around them. Until they gain this skill, they are functioning as “worker bees” instead of leaders. Come join us for this interactive workshop where you will learn to unlock the problem-solving capacity of others by incorporating coaching into your leadership style.
The areas we will cover in applying a coaching leadership style include:
- Adopting the coaching mindset – the advantages of moving from a problem-solving mindset to a coaching mindset.
- The 5 functions of Navigational Coaching – understanding what a leader is trying to achieve through coaching.
- Understanding the principles that define the process
- Having a structure to manage coaching conversations effectively
- Being a good listener – exploring 3 different levels of listening
- Asking powerful questions – exploring the 3 intentions behind asking questions
- Giving effective positive feedback
- Giving corrective feedback that people can hear non-defensively
- Being able to share useful perspectives and wisdom